This incredible salad consists of roasted butternut squash slices, pomegranate seeds, vegan feta, de-cored cucumber moons, rocket and truffle oil. I created this salad for a beautiful yoga retreat I catered for this summer and it went down very well. The ladies loved it. The combo of fresh and roasted veg worked perfectly, the vegan feta added a lovely texture then the truffle oil OOOH the truffle oil, currently one of my favourite ingredients. I'm obsessed and it can be added to any dish to make it taste a million times better!! If you don't have truffle oil and would still like to make this salad, you can use any other salad dressing that tickles your fancy.
Serves: 4-5 people
- 1 butternut squash
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 bag rocket (washed)
- 1/2 pack vegan feta (I used violife)
- 1/2 cucumber (de-cored)
- Drizzle truffle oil
- Cut the butternut squash into quarters, remove the core and cut into slices, coat in oil and smoked paprika and roast in the oven or air fry until soft but slightly crispy.
- Whilst the butternut squash is cooking, prepare the rest of the salad. On a platter plate place the washed rocket and create one layer on cucumber, pomegranate seeds, feta and truffle oil.
- Once the squash is cooked place on top of the salad
- I repeated this step twice so that the salad had layers and depth.