This rainbow salad with oyster mushrooms recipe is a vibrant and delicious dish that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. The salad is made with a colourful array of vegetables, such as beetroot, carrots and mixed greens, which are then topped with tender oyster mushrooms that have been sautéed to perfection.
The salad is then tossed in a zesty vinaigrette dressing that adds a tangy and flavourful kick to the dish. The dressing is made with a blend of fresh herbs and spices, along with a splash of lemon juice and olive oil, to create a bright and refreshing flavour.
Not only is this rainbow salad with oyster mushrooms delicious, but it is also packed with nutrients and antioxidants from the variety of vegetables included in the dish. Oyster mushrooms are also a great source of protein and fibre, making this salad a healthy and well-rounded meal option.
Overall, this rainbow salad with oyster mushrooms recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a healthy and flavourful dish that is both satisfying and delicious. It is easy to make and can be customised to include your favourite vegetables or toppings, making it a versatile and flexible option for any mealtime.
- 2 king oyster mushrooms - shredded
- 1 large carrot - grated
- 2 beetroot - roasted
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup kale
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp pine nuts - toasted
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch salt & black pepper
- The beets take around 1 hour to roast, so you will want to make sure you put these in the oven ahead of time. To roast the beets, preheat the oven to 200c. Wash the beets thoroughly and loosely wrap them in foil, cook for approx 60 minutes until they are soft to touch. Check every 20 minutes - if they seem dry add a tsp of water and re-wrap. Once the beets are starting to feel soft, around 40 minutes in you can start to prepare the rest of the salad.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk
- Shred the oyster mushrooms with your hands - this is super easy and satisfying, just peel them from the bottom to the top (chop the top of the mushroom into chunks)
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan, let it melt then add the shredded mushroom, the cumin, rosemary and thyme to the pan along with the finely chopped garlic, kale
- Let these cook together for 2 minutes, for the flavours to embed into each other
- After 2 minutes add the pine nuts - cook these for another 2 minutes until they appear toasted
- Take the pan off the heat and let it cool down, while its cooling, prepare your salad plate, add the washed spinach to the plate, grate the carrot and slice the avocado
- Once the beets are roasted, peel the skin and slice them or dice them, whichever you would prefer
- Now combine all of the ingredients onto a plate, arranging the fresh, cold salad on the bottom with the warm vegetables and oyster mushrooms, drizzle on the vinaigrette and top with grated carrot.