The bake that has so many ingredients that the title would have been too long, so I compromised…nothing truer than that though, it really is, banging!!
This picture was taken before it was actually baked, once baked the vegan cheese melts and veggies go crispy. This dish gets a lot of compliments on the flavour when I make it and its so easy to chuck together and bang in the oven,
- 225g (1 block) Firm Smoked Tofu (optional) you can use plain too
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp garlic granuels
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Rapeseed oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 500g new potatoes
- 50g fresh basil
- 1/2 block vegan cheese
- 500g passata
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Wash and chop your potatoes in to quarters, put them on a baking tray with a drizzle of rapeseed oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 mins whilst making the crispy tofu.
- Put the cornflour into a bowl and rub the tofu in the cornflour until all sides are covered
- Mix all of the spices and breadcrumbs into a deep bowl
- Shallow fry the tofu in a frying pan with rapeseed oil until golden brown and crispy
- Remove the tofu from the pan a few at a time – do not let the oil dry as this will help the spices and breadcrumbs to stick to the crispy tofu. As soon as you have removed some from the pan, add it to the bowl and shake in the spices until all tofu cubes are covered.
- These can be left too cool while you prepare the rest of the bake.
- Once the potatoes are almost ready, after about half hour. Take them out of the oven, use a spatula to move the potatoes around so that they aren’t stuck to the baking tray.
- Now you are going to add the rest of the bake ingredients to the baking tray. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the baking tray with the potatoes, along with the passata, chopped tomatoes, spinach, basil, stir so that all of the ingredients are mixed up, being careful that you do not brake up the potatoes
- Now put the crispy tofu on top and cover in a layer of vegan cheese
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes – until the cheese has melted, serve straight away, leftovers can be kept for up to 3 days!