This is a really quick and easy salad to throw together if you are in a rush. It is so flavoursome from all of the fresh salad ingredients and super crunchy from the roasted chickpeas and flaked almonds which also make it oooze with protein.
5 cherry tomatoes
1 can chickpeas
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup flaked almonds
salt & pepper to taste
(this will last a few salads)
6 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tbsp flaxseed oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 crushed smoked garlic clove (minced)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
- If you don’t already have some of this dressing made up from previous salads, all you need to do is add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a salad dressing bottle and shake well. You may need to shake it every time you use it.
- Preheat the oven to 180c, drain and rinse the can of chickpeas, lightly oil an oven tray, put the chickpeas onto the tray and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Oven roast the paprika coated chickpeas for 20 minutes until they are super crispy
- Whilst the chickpeas are cooking you can create the rest of your salad by dicing the cucumbers and tomatoes, dressing the spinach and slicing the avo.
- Once the chickpeas are done, add them to the salad along with the flaked almonds and get crunchin’