There is something very special about the combination of peanut butter & harissa, the flavours compliment each other so well. This dish would be a perfect post-workout dinner due to the peanut butter making the dish high in protein, around 1/3 of your daily needs. I love making stir-fries, you can pretty much chuck any vegetables into the wok. You can get creative and mix and match the veg you put in this dish. WINNA WINNA NOODLE DINNA!
200g of noodles of our choice (I used Soba)
3 garlic cloves
1 brown onion
100g button mushrooms
30g sugar snap peas
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp lime juice
3 tsp harissa paste
3 tbsp natural peanut butter
3 tbsp soy sauce
100ml water plus more if needed
1. Melt the coconut oil in a wok and add the diced onion and garlic, fry until the onion is transparent
2. Add a few tbsp of water to the wok along with the small cauliflower florets – as the cauliflower is hard, it needs to be partly steamed in the wok, hence the water
3. After 5 minutes add the sugar snap peas and button mushrooms to the wok, then add the soy sauce, stir-fry all of the veg for 5 minutes
4. Add the harissa paste to the wok, stir well. Make the carrot ribbons using a peeler, add 1 carrots worth to the wok.
5. Add the peanut butter – this will clunk up so what I do to thin it out is slowly add water to the wok, whilst mixing to break down the peanut butter, this will create a sauce
6. Once the peanut butter is thinned out into a sauce, take off the heat and add the lime juice, set aside
7. Cook the noodles per cooking instructions
8. Once the noodles have been cooked, add them to the wok and stir them in with the sauce and vegetables. They will now be ready to serve!